Team (Basic): Add a Team Member
This page applies to TaxDome Pro! pricing plan only. You can upgrade anytime.
Ready to expand your practice? Team members could be easily added to TaxDome account, either on a monthly or yearly subscription basis.
To create a team member account, follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings in your left sidebar, select the Team & Plans tab, then click on the Add member link.
2. In the Add Team Member section, enter the team member’s personal details: their first name, middle name, last name, and email address.
3. Select the team member's role: Employee or Admin. Read more on roles in the article.
Note! Only firm Owner can add Admins. Admins can add Employees only.
4. When adding the Employee, in the Access Rights section, enable the rights they will need by clicking on the on/off toggles. If not sure, don't give any access rights at this time. You can do it anytime later. Please refer to Employee Access Rights article to find out more on this.
5. Click the Send Invite button.
6. Each team member at your firm will need their own separate monthly or annual subscription, also called a license, in order to access all of TaxDome’s features. If you change staff in the middle of a subscription cycle, you can always free up a previous employee’s annual license and use it for a new team member. Thus, the next step depends on your status and the availability of licences.
- If your TaxDome trial has not yet expired, you’ll have access to all of the site’s features. Your account can be used without any limitations till your trial period ends.
- If you’ve already bought a subscription for your firm, you’ll be prompted to add an additional license for each new user. Select an annual or monthly license (read more about licenses here), then click the Confirm button.
- If you have an available user license (either annual or monthly), you can use it and won’t need to buy a new one. You can free up existing licenses by deactivating team members who are no longer working at your firm.
Once your new team member’s account has been created, TaxDome will send them an activation request by email. After they’ve accepted the request and created a password, their account will be ready to go.
The new team member will be able to access their account by going to TaxDome.com or your custom domain URL and entering their email address and password. Their first steps in setting up their account are described here.