CRM (Basic): Add Contacts
New contacts can be added to TaxDome by a firm owner, Admin, or any employee who has been given access rights to manage contacts.
Here are three different ways to do it:
- Add Contacts Using the + NEW Button
- Add Contacts While Creating a New Account
- Add Contacts by Importing a Contact List
Add Contacts by Using the + NEW Button
This option lets you add one contact at a time, which is helpful for adding prospective clients or someone you’ll need to be in touch with.
1. Click on the + NEW button in the left sidebar menu, then select Contact from the pull-down.
2. Enter the person’s first and last name.
3. That’s it! Click CREATE to save the contact.
Read about all contact creation features in detail:
1. Contact Name: This is the name you’ll see in your Contacts list—usually a person’s first and last name or the name of an organization.
2. First Name and other data fields: Filling in the personal information fields is optional. Add more fields if needed: Go to custom CRM fields to learn how.
3. Tags: Assign tags to help organize your contacts (learn more about tags here).
4. Emails: Emails addresses are necessary for clients to log in to their portal. If a client does not have one, they won’t be able to access their TaxDome account. Add more email fields if needed: Go to custom CRM fields to learn how.
5. Linked Accounts. To save time, you may link account(s) to your new contact just in place. Click the Add Account link, then either select the existing account(s) or create a new one.
6. Create: Click here to save your contact.
Add Contacts While Creating New Accounts
Adding contacts while creating new accounts lets you skip opening up lots of tabs and saves clicks.
1. On the account creation page (go here for more details), click Link contacts, then start typing the contact’s name. If the contact doesn't yet exist on TaxDome, you’ll see a Click to add a new contact link.
2. Click the link, enter the person’s first and last name, then click CREATE to save the contact.
3. Click Add to link the newly created contact to an account.
Add Contacts by Importing a Contacts List
To learn how, go to Contacts Import From Email Applications.