CRM (Basic): Link Contacts to Accounts
Though linking contacts to accounts is optional, we recommend it. A client won’t have portal access unless a contact for them with their email address is linked to their account.
- How to Link Contacts While Creating New Accounts
- How to Link Contacts From a Client Account Profile
- How to Link Additional Contacts While Importing
- How to Link Accounts to Contacts
How to Link Contacts From a Client Account Profile
Link a contact to an account either while creating a new account or anytime afterward.
- Navigate to the Info tab of the client profile.
- Click on + Link Contacts in the top right corner of the Contacts section, then start typing the name of the contact. Add as many contacts as needed.
- Click ADD. All contacts along with their emails will now be displayed in the Contacts section of the account’s profile. Once an account is linked to a contact, you can invite that person to use their TaxDome portal by turning on the LOGIN toggle to the right of their email address.
To see what accounts are linked to a specific contact, go to the contact’s info page.
To unlink a contact from an account, click the three-dots icon to the right of the contact’s name and select Unlink.
Note! Once a contact (whose email address had the login toggle enabled) is unlinked, that person won’t be able to log in to the account.
How to Link Additional Contacts While Importing
How to Link Accounts to Contacts
Link accounts to contacts either while creating a new contact or anytime afterward.
When you’re creating a contact or viewing an existing one, click the Add account link in the Linked Accounts section, then select one of two options:
- Create Account: Once you click Create Account, the account is added and linked to the contact (for more details on adding accounts, go here).
- Link Account: Select one or more existing accounts, click the blue arrow to the left of the account name, then click Save. The accounts are then linked to the contact.